The International Center for Traditional Childbearing, Inc. (ICTC) is a non-profit infant mortality prevention, breastfeeding support, and midwife training organization, comprised of women and men who want to improve birth outcomes and provide training opportunities in their communities.
Incorporated in 1991, ICTC was founded by Shafia M. Monroe in concert with the national support of educators and midwives. For more than a decade, ICTC has built bridges that link national organizations with grassroots movements, and professionals with lay health workers. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, chapters are forming throughout the world and country.
- An infant mortality prevention, breastfeeding promotion, and midwife/ doula training organization.
- A capacity building organization
- An advocacy & policy organization
- A birth justice organization
- A culturally competent organization & is culturally specific on the African Diaspora.