What Makes This Training Unique?
The ICTC Full Circle Doula Training is an intensive 30 (3.5 day) prenatal, labor and postpartum doula training course. Topics include, and expand beyond: The history and duties of labor and postpartum doulas, the legacy of the African American midwife, the midwifery model of care, signs and symptoms of pregnancy, labor and birth, birth justice, perinatal comfort measures, reproductive anatomy, medical terminology, the role of the father, physiology of labor and birth, cultural awareness, breastfeeding support, infant care, postpartum rituals, bonding and family integration, the spirituality of birth, intuition and “Motherwit,” infant mortality reduction, and entrepreneurial skill.
This high energy training is didactic, interactive, and woman-centered and facilitates comprehensive doula care. Graduates of the training receive a provisional certificate and have 2 years to certify. With program completion, the graduate is certified to practice as a labor and a postpartum doula, and though graduates may choose to specialize as labor doulas or postpartum doulas, their knowledge base is still holistic or “Full Circle.”
Through the ICTC Full Circle Doula® Training you be will be equipped with resources, skills, confidence and know how to begin your journey, to holistically to assist a pregnant woman to transition through pregnancy, labor, birth and to motherhood by providing emotional and physical support.
What are the training prerequisites?
The only requirements to enroll in the training are that you must:
* Be at least 18 years old
* Have or be working towards completing a high school diploma or GED
* Be interested in supporting women and families
What are the requirements for certification?
- Graduate from the Full Circle Doula training as a Provisional Doula
- Attend five (5) births, including one postpartum visit (per birth)
- Submit a Doula Evaluation form for each birth attended (completed by client)
- Submit a Labor & Birth Summary form for each birth attended (completed by you)
- Submit a Postpartum Summary form for each birth attended ( completed by you)
- Produce a current CPR Card
- Produce a current food handler’s card (not required in MN)
- Submit five (5) book reports from ICTC recommended book list
- Audit a childbirth preparation series and submit documentation
- Audit a breastfeeding class and submit documentation
- Submit all paperwork, a Certification Completion Form, and the $50 certification via postal mail in a packet or binder
What is included in the cost for the training?
All registered students attending the training will receive:
* Training manual
* Continental breakfast
* Hands-on, interactive training
* Resource list (if you are traveling from a distance)
* Self-employment/Business training
* Client referrals
How do I request a training in my city?
Fill out our sponsorship form to host a training in your state. You can register your group for any training listed on the ICTC FCDT Schedule or request a new training date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Group registrations receive a discounted rate. Click here view pricing options. Call 503.460.9234 or email email@example.com. Be sure to sign up to receive our e-news and receive notifications of upcoming training in your area. Training sites are determined by interest level and support from a specific area. If you live in a state with an ICTC State Rep, please contact them to let them know you would like training.
How do I enroll in the training?
- View the ICTC FCDT Schedule
- Register for your preferred training
Who can attend?
ICTC does not discriminate. A diverse body of women (and even a few men!) from various ethnic and racial backgrounds, cultures, religions and sexual orientations have enjoyed and graduated from the Full Circle Doula training.
Who do I contact with questions about my certification?
Call 503.460.9234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
"How do I become a guest speaker?"
We welcome qualified guest speakers with expertise in:
* Prenatal nutrition
* Hospital labor & delivery
* Cesarean / VBAC
* Doula business and more
How do I become a Full Circle Doula trainer?
* Certified/Licensed ICTC Full Circle Doula and/or Certified/Licensed midwife
* Primary attendant at 25 or more births
* Childbirth education trainer
* Breastfeeding Peer Counselor
* Prior experience as a teacher or trainer
Submit your resume highlighting your education and experience to email@example.com. Once received, you will be contacted regarding the Train the Trainer Program.